There is a new update rolling out to the Huawei P10 Plus with software build B336 and with it comes a bunch of bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Having already received the update to Android Oreo, there’s nothing big the new update adds to the Huawei P10 Plus. Still, you’ll want to install the new software for a number of reasons:
- The new update fixes an issue where certain third-party apps had issues in Portrait Mode after switching from Landscape Mode.
- It fixes an issue where Baidu Maps experienced random restarts.
- The update optimizes battery usage of several apps in a bid to improve the already impressive battery life.
- It improves the response time of the fingerprint scanner.
- Similar to the update that recently rolled out to the Honor 7X, build B336 also optimizes the accuracy of several city names in the Weather app.
Whether this update also installs the latest Android security patch to the Huawei P10 Plus is still unknown. Also, we still don’t know when the standard P10 will join the party, but we hope it’ll be soon.
If you’ve received the new B336 update on your P10 Plus, feel free to share what’s new in your comments below. If you haven’t, try a manual update via the Settings > About phone section.