If you’re a first time user of an Android Wear Watch, then you might be blown with the things a little screen on your wrist can do. But what if we tell you there’s more advanced stuff that you’re yet to explore on that little screen.
Almost all things fun starts with a custom recovery on your Android device. And fortunately for us, even Android Wear watches can have a custom recovery like TWRP.
Developer Skin1980 has built TWRP recovery for Huawei Watch, that boots perfectly and has all the features of TWRP that you see on your Android phones/Tablets.
You can take a nandroid backup of your Huawei Watch with TWRP and install custom MODs and ROMs. However, we doubt if you’ll see much of that from the development community for a watch.
You can grab the TWRP recovery image for Huawei Watch from the download link below and simply flash it via fastboot mode. The installation process is absolutely similar to your Android phone/tablet.
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Huawei Watch TWRP recovery (.img)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download the Huawei Watch TWRP recovery (.img) from the link above and save it on your PC.
Enable ADB debugging on your Android Wear watch.
└ You may skip the Bluetooth debugging part.
- Connect your Huawei Watch to PC.
- Open a command window inside the folder where you downloaded TWRP recovery .img file on your PC. To do this, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Once command window is open, issue the following command to boot your Huawei Watch to bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ If you’re ADB first time between your PC and your Huawei Watch, then your watch might ask for permission to “Allow debugging”, accept it.
- Once your Huawei Watch is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to flash/install the TWRP recovery:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP18.104.22.168-Sturgeon.img
- Now reboot your Huawei Watch with following command:
└ This will reboot your watch to system.
- To test drive the TWRP recovery, issue the following command to boot your Huawei Watch into recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
└ This will boot your watch into recovery mode.
That’s all. Your Huawei Watch should have TWRP recovery installed now.