If you have been missing CRT Screen off animation on your Gingerbread running At&t Skyrocket, then here’s a little hack to enable just that.
CRT Screen off animations were introduced in Android 2.3 with Google Nexus S (manufactured by Samsung), and in my knowledge that’s the only Samsung phone having this animation ─ heck, why does Samsung have this nasty habit of removing this cool animation from its ‘Touchwiz’d Gingerbread ROMS‘, Motorola and Sony Ericsson keeps it in their customized Gingerbread ROMS, then why not Sammy? Phew.
Anyway, the good thing is that you can now have it on At&t Skyrocket, and below’s how you get it:
The pre-requisite for this method to work are a stock rooted deodexed ROM and CWM recovery installed.
If you haven’t rooted and installed CWM yet, please visit this link to get help → How To Root Skyrocket And Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won�t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Considering you already rooted your phone and you’re familiar with method of flashing file from CWM recovery mode, please follow below steps and enjoy CRT-OFF Animation on your Skyrocket:
- Download the CRT-Off Animation Mod from here.
- Place the downloaded CRT-OFF Animation MOD on sdcard.
- Unplug USB cable, turn off device and remove battery.
- Place battery back in and boot into recovery mode this time. For this, hold both volume rocker buttons and press power button. Keep holding all three buttons until something appears on screen.
- Now, you see ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery. Use Volume Up and Down keys to browse through options and power to select an options, while back key to go to previous screen.
- Then, select “install zip from sdcard”. Then, “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Choose “<YOUR-DOWNLOADED-MOD>” you placed earlier on sdcard and select “yes – ___” to flash it.
- Goto “Advanced” and select “Wipe Dalvic Cache“
- Again, goto “Advanced” and select “Fix Permissions“