XDA Member burakgon has just released a brand new Ice Cream Sandwich theme for the Xperia Arc/Arc S. The theme seems to have been originally developed for the Neo, but works just as well with the Arc or Arc S. If you are running Gingerbread, but want to give that cool ICS look to your device, this is just the theme for you.It includes the ICS home launcher and icons, and well–just transforms your device totally!
Have a look at the key features of this awesome theme:
- Status bar controls (Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS etc)
- Battery + notification bar icons
- ICS icons
- Dialer + Camera + Music + Genie Widget (News & Weather)
- Boot animation
- UI Sounds + Ringtones + Notifications
- Full theme!
And the developer has been gracious enough to give us a zip file, which you can flash easily through Clockworkmod recovery, and have this theme running on your Arc in a jiffy. Of course, you need to be rooted and have CWM installed on your Arc though; but I suspect that if you are reading this, you already are.
FileName: Xperia Neo ICS Theme.zip | Size: 33 MB
How To Install the Ice Cream Sandwich Theme on Xperia Arc
- Download the ICS Theme zip file (link provided above) to your PC
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the sdcard on phone via USB cable
- Switch off the phone and reboot to Clockworkmod recovery.
- In CWM, scroll down to Install zip from sdcard, and select it
- Now select Choose zip from sd card, and navigate to the ‘Xperia Neo ICS Theme.zip’ file you transferred in Step 2, and Select it
- This will start installation of the theme.
- Once the installation is complete, select Go back, and then Reboot System.
- After the phone has rebooted, apply the theme, and transform your device.
You can find more details, and mods to this theme at the original development thread. If you like this theme, and want to share your thoughts, do let us know in comments below.