What to know
- Crunchyroll has released five anime-based games in its Game Vault that are free to play for its Mega Fan and Ultimate Fan subscribers.
- If you’re not a premium member already, sign up to Crunchyroll and purchase a Mega or Ultimate Fan plan.
- Install Crunchyroll’s Game Vault games on Android (coming soon for iOS) and log in to your Crunchyroll account to play them.
- Crunchyroll also has a few free games that you can play on Android, iOS, and Windows without a premium membership.
Popular anime streaming service Crunchyroll has recently unveiled Game Vault – a feature that sees the addition of five new anime-based mobile gaming titles to the platform. Though there are free games Crunchyroll games to play as well, Game Vault titles are exclusively for paid members.
Here’s everything you need to know to get and play games on Crunchyroll, its Game Vault titles as well as its free games on smartphone and desktop.
How to play Crunchyroll Game Vault games
Those already subscribed to Cruncyroll’s Mega or Ultimate Fan will have instant and free access to the vault and all its games. If you’re already a member, go straight to Step 2. Otherwise, use step 1 to sign up and get a subscription.
Step 1: Sign up and get a Mega Fan or Ultimate Fan membership
Although the games in Crunchyroll’s Game Vault are currently only available on Android they’ll soon arrive on iOS as well. But you can sign up and subscribe to the membership on all three platforms – Windows, Android, and iOS.
- Open crunchyroll.com and click on the user icon.
- Click Create account.
- Enter your email address and password, and click on Create Account.
- Choose a ‘Username’ and ‘Change Avatar’ if you like.
- Click on Continue to Crunchyroll.
- Once signed up, click on Send verification link.
- Open your email client and click on the verification link.
- Once your account is verified, return to Crunchyroll.
- Click on the ‘Premium’ icon at the top.
- Alternatively, click on the user icon.
- Select 14-Day Free Trial.
- Select between Mega Fan and Ultimate Fan memberships and click on Start 14-Day Free Trial.
- Enter your payment information.
Once you’re subscribed, you’re ready for Step 2.
On Android and iOS
- Download and install the Crunchyroll app for your device:
- Once installed, tap on Open.
- Tap on Create account.
- Enter your email address and password, and tap on Create account.
- You can either subscribe to Crunchyroll Premium right now or skip it till later.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll be asked to verify your email address.
- Tap on the verification link sent to your email address.
- Once verified, return to the Crunchyroll app.
- Then tap on Go Premium at the bottom.
- Choose your pack and tap on Start subscription.
- Enter your payment information as before.
- Once you’re a member, you can start playing Crunchyroll Games.
Step 2: Get Crunchyroll Game Vault games (Android only)
At launch, Crunchyroll’s Game Vault has five titles:
Amongst them, you get a great mix of action, RPG, Indie, and Puzzle-based games that add to the service’s list of anime and anime-inspired content. Free of ads and in-app purchases, the games are ideally suited to anime aficionados.
The games are also currently only available for Android devices. iOS devices will be the next to get the games, which Crunchyroll has maintained are “coming soon”.
Simply use the links above to download and install them.
Step 3: Log in to your Crunchyroll account and play!
Once the game is installed, launch it.
On the main screen, you’ll be asked to log in. Simply enter your email address and password and tap on Log in.
And just like that, your game will begin.
All Game Vault games are free of ads and in-app purchases, so there are no distractions to veer you away from the gaming experience.
How to play free Crunchyroll games
Apart from the Game Vault titles, Crunchyroll also has a few titles that anyone can play. But not all titles are meant for all devices.
Currently, four titles are playable on both Android and iOS, while only one is available on Windows. One more title – One Punch Man: World – is in pre-registrations and will soon arrive on all three platforms. Here’s how to play them:
- Search for the games on Play Store or use the links below:
- Then tap on the Install button to get them.
- Launch the game.
- Search for the games on the App Store or use the links below:
- Tap on the Install button to get them and simply launch the game to start playing.
- Crunchyroll’s Eminence in Shadow: Master of Garden is the only game available to play on Windows. To get it, click on the link below to get to the download page.
- On the game page, click on Download on PC.
- Once the installer is downloaded, run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the game.
- Then launch the game.
- Wait for the client to download.
- Click anywhere to begin.
- When asked to download additional data, click on OK.
- Wait for the data to download.
- Enjoy the game!
- You can pre-register for the upcoming game from the following link:
- Click on Pre-Register Now.
- Enter your email address and select your region. Then click on Pre-Register Now.
Whenever the game is available, you will be updated via email.
Let’s take a look at a few commonly asked questions about playing Crunchyroll games.
Can I use Crunchyroll for free?
Yes, you can play Crunchyroll’s free games without becoming a Crunchyroll member. However, if you want to play its Game Vault titles, you’ll need to get a Mega or Ultimate Fan subscription.
How many games are there in Crunchyroll Game Vault?
Crunchyroll’s Game Vault has five titles at the time of launch. We expect the roster to expand over time, with support for iOS devices as well.
Do you need the Crunchyroll app to play Crunchyroll Game Vault titles?
No, you don’t need to have the Crunchyroll app installed to play its Game Vault titles. Simply install the game from the Play Store and log in with your Crunchyroll account to start playing.
Crunchyroll has taken a leaf out of other streaming websites like Netflix that offer games along with their usual streaming content. But since Crunchyroll has a specified niche and offers only anime-based games, users know beforehand what they’re going to get. We hope this guide helped you start playing Crunchyroll games today! Until next time.