The Asus ZenFone 5 was a device that mostly went under the radar this year due to the significantly higher price of the device when compared to devices with the same specifications. To add to the mix, the Asus ZenFone 5 wasn’t released in many regions, however, this isn’t to say that the device is no good.
The Asus ZenFone 5 comes with the tried and tested Snapdragon 636 chipset with up to 6 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. Asus launched the ZenFone 5 with Android 8.0 Oreo onboard back in February this year. The Taiwan-based manufacturer has a good track record when it comes to updates even though they might be a little slow to roll out updates.
- ZenFone 5Z Android Pie update news
- Asus Android Pie roadmap
- Asus ROG Android 9 Pie update news
- The best Asus phones to buy in 2018
If you picked up the Asus ZenFone 5, then you’d be glad to know that Android 9 Pie is finally available for you to install on your Asus ZenFone 5. So without wasting much time, let’s check out how to get Android 9 Pie up and running on your device.
- Download Android 9 Pie update for ZenFone 5 (model ZE620KL)
- This is a beta update for limited users, not the stable release for the public
- It is not for ZenFone 5Z, BTW, though that should be released soon
- Filename: WW_ZE620KL-15.0619.1810.73-16.0610.1812.52-12051038-fota-user | Size: 1.1 GB
- Software version of Android 9 Pie build is 16.0610.1812.52
How to install Android 9 Pie on Asus ZenFone 5
Installing Android 9 Pie (version 16.0610.1812.52) on the device is fairly simple and shouldn’t take up much of your time. Simply follow these steps to install the latest Android version on the ZenFone 5.
- Download the ROM file from the table above.
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, transfer it to the microSD card in your device.
- Now you would have to boot into recovery mode. Follow these steps to do so:
- Turn off the device.
- When the device is powered off, press and hold the Volume Down key and the Power key simultaneously until you see the Asus logo
- You would enter in recovery mode now
- Simply select the ‘apply update from microSD‘ option.
- Use the Volume keys to move up and down the list and select the downloaded ROM file and press the Power Key to continue.
- Once done, your ZenFone 5 will restart and you will be rocking the latest Android OS in Android 9 Pie.
Check in the Settings app, the software version should now be 16.0610.1812.52, and Android version being Android 9.
Let us know what you think of the Android 9 Pie on your ZenFone 5. And what about the new Zen UI, like it?