November 27, 2019: Having rolled out the stable build of Android 10 to Zenfone 6Z, Asus has now turned its attention towards last year’s flagship, the Zenfone 5Z. The device received Android 10 beta last month itself, but this latest release, of course, is guaranteed to be accessible to more users. Dubbed as software version 100.04.44.98, ZenUI 6 brings a host of changes, which Asus has graciously outlined for us.
- Upgraded system to Android 10
- Support Google Play system update
- Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Selfie Master, Beauty Live, Kids Mode, Easy Mode, weather animation setting, AI charging, WebStorage, Go2Pay, Report Location in Safeguard, and Yandex cloud option in File Manager
- Removed the support of Twin app for “Arena of Valor, PUBG, Vainglory, and Injustice 2”
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 10. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 9 by official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Upgraded APN settings
- Moved Themes and Mobile Manager to Advanced Settings
- Some 3rd party apps aren’t compatible with Android 10 yet
June 18, 2019: There’s a software update available for the ZenFone 5Z as version 184.108.40.206. Part of the update brings May 2019 security patch to the handset while another part improves sound quality and optimizes the system for enhanced performance.
May 08, 2019: The ZenFone 5Z has a new software update that carries software version 220.127.116.11 and installs a new Android security patch for April 2019. The update, as per the short changelog provided by Asus, also improves sound quality and startup speed.
May 04, 2019: Asus has a new software update for the ZenFone 5Z that installs software version 18.104.22.168. The update is available over the air and on top a new March 2019 security patch, it also fixes the issue with Line photo rotation, and improves sound quality.
- The best Asus phones in 2018
- ZenFone 5 Android Pie update news | Download
- Asus Android Pie device list and release date
Asus ZenFone 5Z update timeline
For all the latest Asus ZenFone 5Z software update news, this page has your back. We have put together all that matters in regards to minor and major software updates for Asus’ 2018 flagship phone. This page has details about the monthly security updates the ZenFone 5Z receives, the changes these updates bring and when they come. Also, you’ll find details about when to expect the next version of Android OS.
|Date||Software version & download link||Changelog|
|27 Nov 2019||22.214.171.124 | Android 10||Android 10-based Zen UI 6 update|
|11 June 2019||126.96.36.199 | Android 9||May 2019 security patch, improved sound quality and optimized system performance|
|06 May 2019||188.8.131.52 | Android 9||April 2019 security patch, improves sound quality and startup speed|
|03 May 2019||184.108.40.206 | Android 9||March 2019 security update, Fixes Line Photo Rotates issue, and Improves sound quality|
|22 Feb 2019||220.127.116.11 | Android 9||Fixes issue where SIM card cannot be detected in multiple time zones, new security patch, and improves camera EIS|
|28 Jan 2019||18.104.22.168 | Android 9||Second Android Pie update released. Now rolling out to the masses with December 2018 security patch|
|28 Dec 2018||22.214.171.124 | Android 9||Android Pie update gets you news features like Digital Wellbeing, App actions, App slices, Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, etc.; Also includes November 2018 security patch, and quicker access to burst shot mode in the camera app, face unlock is now faster, headphone jack performance improved a bit, too|
|29 Oct 2018||126.96.36.199 | Android 8.0||October 2018 security update, support for Netflix HD streaming, Optimize AI scene detection and Camera functions like the brightness in auto and HDR mode, Auto white balance, and noise reduction|
|28 Sep 2018||188.8.131.52 | Android 8.0||Adjustment for battery percentage, Fix for face unlock issue, and Support for Selfie Panorama mode|
|20 Aug 2018||184.108.40.206 | Android 8.0||Lift-to-wake, gesture mode, and default settings for 4G+3G for dual SIMs | OTA link|
|31 July 2018||220.127.116.11 | Android 8.0||Support for RAW camera capture and more|
|12 July 2018||18.104.22.168 | Android 8.0||Enhancements to the camera, display, and Wi-Fi performance|
|05 July 2018||22.214.171.124 | Android 8.0||Updated to June 2018 security patch, improved camera, and system stability|
|27 June 2018||126.96.36.199 | Android 8.0||Improve camera stability and Enhance WiFi AP connection performance|
|14 June 2018||188.8.131.52 | Android 8.0||Improves camera quality and adds VoLTE support to Japan’s TWM carrier|
ZenFone 5Z Android 9 Pie update
- Released on 27 December 2018
As given above, the Android Pie update for the Asus ZenFone 5Z is now available for download. See the table above for more details on this.
How to install a software update on Asus ZenFone 5Z
- Download the update file from the table above.
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, transfer it to your device.
- You will see a notification now about the update file detected by the system.
- Click on the notification now to begin the update process. As simple as that!
If you have any questions regarding Asus ZenFone 5Z software updates, shoot them in your comments below.