Samsung rolled out some major updates and security patches for the Samsung Galaxy S9 in the June firmware update. If it hasn’t arrived for your S9, it will sooner than later. The update was expected to just focus on security patches.
However, Samsung released a list of changes on the S9’s firmware changelog page with camera updates being a major focus point. Here’s a look at what you can expect:
- The performance of Camera has been improved
- Added Background blur intensity bar(Selfie)
- Adjust background blur with 8 intensity levels on the preview screen when setting Live focus mode
- Improved usability of QR Code reader
- A new Night mode function has been added
- Improved stability. – Messaging, Contacts, Gallery
- The security of your device has been improved.
These new additions majorly improve the depth of field functionality and help you take better portrait shots and pictures in Live focus mode. Besides these additions to the camera, the update has also improved the usability of the QR Code reader. Also, the Night mode function will now be available on your phone.
A Redditor has provided a few sample shots too, check them out.
- Samsung Galaxy S10: All you need to know
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: News, specs, release date, leaks, and more