A security concern that has been known ever since WhatsApp got popular has finally been addressed with an update that enables two-step verification on the messaging app.
Until now, anyone with access to your phone or SMS messages could register your WhatsApp number to another phone without your knowledge. But with two step verification now available on WhatsApp, a verification password will be asked when registering a WhatsApp number on another phone when the phone number is enabled for two-step verification.
Simply put, no one can register your WhatsApp number to another phone without a password when two step authentication is enabled.
Note: To enable WhatsApp two-step verification you need to have the WhatsApp version 2.16.341 or above installed on your phone. Current WhatsApp version at the time of this is 2.16.345. Below is download link to this latest version of WhatsApp, install it like you’d install any other APK file on your Android phone.
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download WhatsApp v2.16.345 APK
How to Enable Two-Step Verification on WhatsApp Phone Number
- Open WhatsApp app.
- Go to Settings » Account » Two-step verification and tap on the ENABLE button.
- Enter a six-digit password and hit the Next button.
- Confirm your six-digit password again and hit Next button.
- Enter your Email address on the next screen. It’ll be used to reset the password in case you forget it.
- You’ll get a Two-step verification is enabled screen. That’s it, hit the DONE button.
That’s all. You can now finally keep your WhatsApp number secured with two-step verification. First verification will be the OTP and the second will be the password you just set above. Cheers!
I have got WhatsApp version 2.16.351 but Two-Step Verification in Settings » Account nothing !!!!!!
Please help me.
Thank you very much.
Comments are closed.