Looking to root your Motorola RAZR HD but don’t want to go through unneeded procedures and steps to do so? The good news is that you don’t need to do so, as XDA Senior Member TruEastSydeBoi has released a tool that allows you to root the RAZR HD with a single click.
The tool can also be used to root other Motorola devices, such as the RAZR M, or the RAZR HD’s bigger battery brother, though it has only been tested with the RAZR HD.
Follow the procedure below to see how the one-click tool can be used to root the RAZR HD (or other Motorola devices).
How to Root Motorola RAZR HD
- Download the one-click tool.
Download Link | Alternate Link | Filename: motofail2go_windows.zip
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a convenient location on the computer. Use a software like 7-zip or WinRAR to extract.
- Make sure drivers for the RAZR HD are installed on your computer. You can download and install the drivers from the link below if needed.
- On your phone, enable USB debugging in the Settings » Developer options menu.
- Run the tool by double-clicking the run file from the folder where you extracted the tool in step 2.
- Connect your phone to the computer in Charge Only mode.
- Now, in the tool window, press any key to start the rooting procedure.
- Then, simply follow on-screen instructions in the root tool to finish the rooting process.
Your Motorola RAZR HD should now be rooted, letting you use any apps that need root access or make other modifications to system files. Do let us know how it works!