The LG G3 Beat, which also goes by the Moniker of the LG G3 S, is a mid range smartphone which was branched out from the flagship G3. Featuring a 5-inch HD display with 1GB of RAM and the Snapdragon 400, the G3 Beat was an average performer. The smartphone was launched with Kitkat out of the box.
The G3 Beat saw the light till Lollipop and then LG stopped supporting it altogether. Thanks to developer support, you can now bring your device to life with the latest that Android has to offer. With Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 you will be able to see a higher performance gains and better battery life, not to mention the vast range of customization options available.
Since this is an official release of Lineage OS, the ROM can be expected to be used as a daily driver, but it’s preferably safer to flash the Nightly builds. If you’re the daring type and are dying to find out what’s new with Lineage then by all means go ahead with the experimental builds.
LG G3 Beat Lineage OS
- Official build: Available, check the download link below:
Gapps: You need this to get Google Play Store app, Play Services App, and other Google apps.
- Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps: Download link
- Root addon package: Download Link
Note: You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to be able to install Lineage OS. Also, you will need to download and flash root addon package separately as Lineage OS only provides root via ADB.
How to Install Lineage OS on G3 Beat
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps package zip file that you downloaded above to your G3 Beat .
- Boot your G3 Beat into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your G3 Beat in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly, just the way flashed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your G3 Beat .
That’s all there is to it. Lineage OS is now installed on your LG G3 Beat.