Android 5.1.1 is still the latest OS available as stable release while Android M (5.2?) is already out on preview. If you own an Android One device and haven’t got the Android 5.1.1 update automatically, well, here are the download links of Android 5.1.1. update for nearly all Android One sets.
To install these OTA updates, you can simply flash them using stock recovery. A custom recovery like TWRP and CWM would also do just fine. by the way, credit for gathering all updates at one place goes to GokulNC, thanks!
Flash the device-specific Android 5.1.1 update via stock recovery as said in the guide below.
Flash the Android 5.1.1 update provided below for 4GB and 8GB variants using a custom recovery like TWRP and CWM. Don’t use stock recovery.
Android One sets, must be on Android 5.1 build LMY47O:
- Micromax Canvas A1 AQ4501
- Karbonn Sparkle V
- Symphony Roar A50
- Nexian Journey One Mi438S
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever
Warning: You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup necessary stuff. In case your device is wiped off, it’s good to have backup of contacts, photos, videos and other files. Hence, create a backup of important stuff in your phone right away.
- Make sure your Android device is running Android 5.1 build, LMY47O. Check in Settings > About phone. Only in this case use this update. This will upgrade the phone from LMY47O to LMY47V (Android 5.1.1).
- Download the Android 5.1.1 update for your device using the link above.
- Transfer the update file to your phone. Remember the location where you put it.
- Reboot into recovery mode. For this:
- Power off your device first. Wait for 6-7 seconds after screen is off.
- Press and hold power + volume up button until you see anything on screen.
- Use volume up button to browser between options and volume down button to select that option. Use volume up button only to move the selection to recovery mode. The arrow should point towards recovery mode.
- Now, press volume down button to select recovery mode and boot into it.
- On stock recovery, select Install zip from sdcard option. (On TWRP/CWM recovery, options are very similar.)
- Select the zip file you transferred to phone in step 2.
- Confirm by selecting Yes on next screen and let the recovery flash the OTA file.
- When done flashing, go back and select reboot system now. Upon reboot, go into Settings > About phone to confirm the Android 5.1.1 build.
If you need any help regarding this, sure let us know via comments section below.