HTC One M9 users in EMEA region — countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa — are set to receive the official Android 5.1.1 update beginning August 4, as an OTA. Once the clock ticks past in your region, sure try tapping a lot of time the ‘Check for updates’ button in Settings > About device > Software update.
The information was slipped by cool guy over at HTC known as Graham Wheeler, who’s the Product and Service director of HTC for EMEA region.
We don’t have the changelog as of now, but once we have our hands on it, we will be sure to share it in full length with you guys. Meanwhile, if you are able to get the update notification, sure make a screenie of that screen (use Power + Volume down) and share with us.
Don’t forget to check for update if you own an HTC One M9 in Europe, Africa or Middle East region of our globe!
Update (August 5, 2014): We’ve got our hands on the changelog, as well as user feedback. Here is it. But btw, the software version of the One M9 Android 5.1 update is 2.10.401.1.
- new color temperature controls
- accessibility: audio channel balance
- accessibility: mono audio
- animated transparent clock
- enhanced duration settings for priority and silent mode
- alarms can be enabled in do-not-disturb mode
- calls can be auto-rejected in do-not-disturb mode
- Fun Fit app added (can be uninstalled though)
- torch app re-added
- volume toggle widget removed
- HD calls (unconfirmed)
- hide heads up notifications without dismissing by swiping them up
- long charging time
- wakeup lag
- settings menu/battery menu lag
Bugs still present:
- closing all apps in task switcher stack view and reopening task switcher shows previously hidden apps
Out bug thank goes to ademmer for this!