Xiaomi’s one of the most popular and successful smartphones, the Redmi Note 4 gets LineageOS 15.0 ROM (unofficial) bringing Android 8.0 Oreo to the device unofficially. Update: Now, from October 2, 2017, another Android 8.0 Oreo based AOSP ROM, the Cardinal ROM, is available for the Redmi Note 4, getting you another option to have a run of Oreo on your Note 4.
The Chinese smartphone maker may or may not seed Oreo update to the Redmi Note 4 officially. But, it certainly doesn’t have any immediate plans for the roll out since no announcement regarding the same has been made so far.
So, if you are waiting for a custom ROM to bring all the goodies of Oreo to your device, here it is — the LineageOS 15.0. Again, this too isn’t official. It will take some time for folks at Lineage to roll it out officially.
However, if you can’t wait until then, hit the link below to download LineageOS 15.0 ROM for your Redmi Note 4. You’ll, of course, have to install TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 4 to be able to flash the custom ROM.
Android 8.0 Oreo brings a ton of new features which include the Picture in Picture (PiP) mode, Android Instant apps, Autofill, Notification Channels and Dots, restricted background activity, improved doze mode, and much more.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (codename: mido). Do not try this on any other device.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not entirely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
- Android 8.0 Oreo based ROM (unofficial update), any one of the below:
- Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 15 ROM for latest download link and changelog.
- Download and transfer the ROM and Gapps files that you downloaded above to your Redmi Note 4.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Redmi Note 4 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.
Credit: sathish (Carinal ROM) | thp@1997 (LineageOS 15)