Earlier this week, we wrote about the official ClockworkMod Recovery Touch hitting the Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus S. Well, this time it’s the turn of another power-phone, the Motorola Atrix 4G, to get its share of developer love. In his thread, XDA member ale.landra91 has posted about the touch-based recovery for the Nexus S too, thanks to koush, the man who gave us the original CWM.
XDA member sublimejosh2000 has managed to make a flashable zip of the CWM Recovery Touch, which you can easily flash on your Atrix 4G through ClockworkMod Recovery. Of course, you would need to be rooted and have the regular CWM installaed to be able to do that.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been forewarned!!!
This custom recovery and the guide below is specifically developed for the Motorola Atrix 4G only . It’s not compatible with any other device and may render the device unusable. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone
- Rooted Atrix 4G with ClockworkMod recovery installed
- Fully Charged Battery
Clockworkmod Recovery Touch for Atrix 4G
File Name: CWM-Rec_Touch_v2.zip | Size:4.2 MB
How To Install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery on Atrix 4G
- Download the CWM Touch recovery zip file– ‘CWM-Rec_Touch_v2.zip’ (link provided above)
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file to the root of your SDcard on the phone.
- Power off phone.
- Enter recovery mode — hold Volume Down button and press then Power button (keepholding the Volume down button though until you see fastboot written at top left). Now, hit Volume Down repeatedly until you see the option in top left changing toAndroid Recovery. Once you see Android Recovery, hit Volume Up button to select it and boot into recovery mode.
- In recovery, use Volume Up and Down keys to browse between options and select an option using power key.
- Make a full backup of your current rom (apps, their data and everything) using backup and restore option here in CWM recovery. It’s very very useful and gets you out of trouble if you mess up anything. Simply restore this backup using CWM recovery when needed later.
- Now, go to and select install zip from sdcard » choose zip from internal sdcard » and browse and select the file you transferred in step 2 above. Select Yes – ___ on next screen to start flashing the CWM Touch Recovery on your Atrix 4G.
- After it’s flashed, select reboot recovery to reboot into the Touch-based Clockworkmod Recovery. Enjoy!
You can find more details and updates in the original development thread. Try it out, and tell us about your experience in comments below.