The G2 from LG was the one of the first few smartphones to feature Qualcomm’s entry of the Snapdragon 800 series. The flagship featured a 5.2-inch 1080p display, 2GB of RAM, the Snapdragon 800 and an ample 3000mAh battery.
With such high end specs, developers back in 2013, saw a good opportunity to create custom ROMs for the device. Thanks to the removable battery and expandable storage present on the device, the G2 was a healthy candidate for rooting and custom modding. With this build of Lineage OS there may be a few bugs in the system. These should be eventually ironed out so there’s no real concern for worry there.
Since this is an official release of Lineage OS, the ROM can be expected to be used as a daily driver, but it’s preferably safer to flash the Nightly builds. If you’re the daring type and are dying to find out what’s new with Lineage then by all means go ahead with the experimental builds.
LG G2 Lineage OS
- Official build: Available, check the download link below:
- Gapps: You need this to get Google Play Store app, Play Services App, and other Google apps.
- Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps: Download link
- Root addon package: Download Link
Note: You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to be able to install Lineage OS. Also, you will need to download and flash root addon package separately as Lineage OS only provides root via ADB.
How to Install Lineage OS on LG G2
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps package zip file that you downloaded above to your LG G2 .
- Boot your LG G2 into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your LG G2 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly, just the way flashed the ROM file.
- If you want root for apps, download and flash the root addon zip file as well.
- Once you’re done flashing all required files, reboot your LG G2.
That’s all there is to it. Lineage OS is now installed on your LG G2.