Update: OTA update for Android 5.1.1 is also rolling out now. Size: 635 MB.
The Android 5.1.1 firmware for both T-Mobile Galaxy S6 edge and normal Galaxy S6 are out now. Although OTA updates
are yet to roll out but we already have full firmware available for download for our flashing pleasures.
However, before you download and update your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to Android 5.1.1 with the G920TUVU2COF6 firmware, know that it’ll break the PingPong Root vulnerability. CFAR will still work though, so you’ll be able to have root access. But if you care about not tripping the knox counter, then CFAR won’t be of any help, we’d recommend you to wait for a pre-rooted custom ROM for the firmware so that you can safely update without worrying about Knox.
As for the folks who wish to update their T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to Android 5.1.1 right now, the download link for the firmware is available right below:[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 Firmware – G920TUVU2COF6 [icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Odin 3.10.6
T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 Update Installation
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy S6 into Download mode:
- Switch off your tablet.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your S6 is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the phone and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now extract .zip firmware file you downloaded above to get the Odin flashable .tar file inside.
- Now click on the PDA tab on Odin window and select the .tar FIRMWARE file you extracted in the step above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the screen. You’re only required to connect your Galaxy S6 and select the FIRMWARE file in PDA tab.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your phone will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your Galaxy S6 and your device will be running on Android 5.1.1 with build number G920TUVU2COF6 .