Update: OTA update for Android 5.1.1 is also rolling out now. Size: 635 MB.
It’s finally arrived. The Android 5.1.1 update for the Galaxy S6 edge on T-Mobile is now available for download as Odin flashable, however
OTA update roll out for the same is yet to begin.
The firmware carries build number G925TUVU2COF6 and is 1.59 GB in size.
We don’t have a T-Mobile S6 edge in hand to tell you what changes this update brings, but know that this will patch PingPong Root vulnerability and after updating to Android 5.1.1 your only hope for root will be via CFAR, which trips Knox and voids warranty. If you don’t want that to happen, then do not flash this firmware now. Let some developer create a pre-rooted recovery flashable custom ROM for this firmware, and then you flash that one.
For those looking to update right away, the full firmware is available for download at the link below. You can flash it via Odin.[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Android 5.1.1 Firmware – G925TUVU2COF6 [icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Odin 3.10.6
T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Android 5.1.1 Update Installation
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy S6 edge into Download mode:
- Switch off your tablet.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your S6 edge is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the phone and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now extract .zip firmware file you downloaded above to get the Odin flashable .tar file inside.
- Now click on the
PDAAP tab on Odin window and select the .tar FIRMWARE file you extracted in the step above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the screen. You’re only required to connect your Galaxy S6 edge and select the FIRMWARE file in PDA tab.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your phone will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your Galaxy S6 edge and your device will be running on Android 5.1.1 with build number G925TUVU2COF6.