The Xiaomi Mi 5S was easily one of the best Android devices when launched, unfortunately, Xiaomi failed to launch the device in more markets outside of China. The Xiaomi Mi 5s is powered by a 2.15GHz quad-core processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The device has 64 GB non-expandable storage.
Xiaomi has been fairly quick to roll out new updates for their devices; however, these quick updates usually are MIUI updates rather than major Android updates. Nevertheless, Xiaomi has now rolled out stable Android Oreo update for the Xiaomi Mi 5S alongside MIUI 10.1.1.
The company had been testing the new software through several beta versions prior to releasing the stable Android Oreo update alongside MIUI 10.1.1. The version is named ‘MIUI 10 V10.1.1.0.OAGMIFI OREO Android’ and is available for all Mi 5S users to install on their devices.
Check out: The best Xiaomi phones to buy
How to install stable MIUI 10 update with Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5S
Mi 5S users who are ready to get their hands on the new update can check for the update notification on their device or else could also manually check for the update via the system update option in the about phone menu.
If for some reason you aren’t able to download the update via OTA, then you could also manually install the Android Oreo update. Here’s how:
- Visit our Mi 5s update page
- Find the update table for the Mi 5S.
- Download the recovery update file for Android Oreo MIUI 10.1.1 (also here).
- Install it using the guide given on the same page for local update (recovery ROM) type.
- If the recovery update doesn’t work, you can install the fastboot update but you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device first for that (download link and guide is available at the same page).
Need any help with this? Let us know.