With the new Bond flick scheduled for a November 9th release, the Bond phone is also getting set to make its entry into Canada at around the same time. Sony announced earlier today that the Sony Xperia T, James Bond’s personal phone in Skyfall, would be hitting Bell, Mobilicity, MTS, Rogers and Videotron – “this November.” Surprisingly though, Telus, one of the Big Three in Canada, does not feature on this list, and if you happen to be on Telus, and were planning on playing Bond, at least with the phone, looks like you are out of luck.
The Xperia T will come with 007 content preloaded, and you can expect to see 007 ringtones, wallpapers, as well as behind the scenes footage and clips on the device. And oh, the Xperia T will ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but no worries, it will get the official upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean shortly after the launch- no details yet on what Sony’s definition of shortly after is.
For those who came in late, here are the specs of the Sony Xperia T:
- 4.6-inch 1280 x 720 Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13 MP Rear Camera with 16x zoom / 1.3 MP Front facing camera
- PlayStation™ Certified
- 1.5GHz dual core Snapdragon S4 processor
- Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Will be upgraded to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) following launch.
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
- 16GB of internal memory
- 1850 mAh embedded battery
November is not too far, so get that tuxedo & brogues out, get a nice haircut, and get ready for D-day when you can walk into a store, and say – ” The name is ___________, I’d like a new Xperia T” . Boy, we’d love to see the look on the store person’s face if someone were to actually do that.