The Sony Xperia P is the second handset among the 3 NXT generation devices announced by Sony today, at MWC Barcelona. It is positioned as a mid-range model, and shares key features and the sleek, minimalistic design philosophy with Sony’s flagship NXT model – the Xperia S.
The Xperia P comes in a sleek, aluminum uni-body design, packing a 4″ LED backlit display with qHD 540 x 960 res, and powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor. The device also features Sony’s proprietary WhiteMagic technology, which adds an additional layer of white pixels to the regular RGB layout of the LCD to enhance the brightness, contrast and daylight visibility levels. Like the Xperia S, this one would also ship with Android 2.3.5, but will receive a bump to Android 4,0 in due course.
Sony Xperia P features
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with Timescape
- 4″ LED backlit qHD display – 540 x 960
- Sony WhiteMagic Technology
- STE-U8500 dual-core 1 GHz
- DB8500 GPU
- 16 GB internal storage
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 MP Camera with LED Flash and auto-focus | 1080p video capture @ 30fps
- HSDPA, HSUPA, WiFi b/g/n, DLNA
- Sony Mobile Bravia Engine
- WiFi, HSDPA, DLNA, Bluetooth
- 1305 mAh battery
The Xperia P is definitely a gorgeous looking handseand is expected to be available sometime in the second quarter of 2012.While there is no pricing information available yet, a fair estimate should be available, once the Xperia S starts selling this week.