The Sony Xperia AX, which is a variant of the Xperia V, has been announced for the Japanese market through cellular operator NTT Docomo.
Similar to other devices in the Xperia range of smartphones, the AX adopts the Arc design that allows users to have a firm grip over the handset. It also boasts of several Japan-specific features like infrared port data exchange, mobile TV, NFC, mobile wallet and more.
NTT Docomo has also shared the official specs for the Xperia AX and they are as follows:
- 1.5Ghz dual core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 4.3 in. LCD HD (1280 × 720)
- 1GB of RAM
- Storage capacity of 16GB / expandable microSD slot
- 13 MP Primary camera /3.1 MP Front Camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, WI-Fi a / b / g / n
- Infrared data exchange /NFC / Waterproof and dustproof
- Available in Colors: Black, White, Pink, Turquoise
- 1700 mAh removable battery
While it may not have the jaw-dropping specs of Sony’s purported 2013 flagship phone, Odin, it certainly packs enough meat and shine to fill the gap nicely, till Odin comes along. The Xperia AX release date is pegged somewhere between November and December of this year. Pricing specifics are not known yet, but you’ll be the first to know when we find out.