Sony is currently the manufacturer with the most number of devices that have received an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. with around 15 devices having gotten the update already. Today, we can add three more devices to the list, as Sony has announced that the Android 4.0 updates are now rolling out for the Xperia sola, Xperia U, and Xperia go.
Here are the features Sony mentions that the update will bring, apart from the usual improvements and changes Android 4.0 brings:
- New ways to experience your tunes, images, videos and films with Sony’s media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
The Xperia sola, that features the “floating touch” display technology, will also get a new feature called “Glove Mode”, which will allow users to use the touchscreen while wearing gloves, which should be quite a welcome feature with the winter season coming up.
Needless to say, only unlocked devices will be getting the updates right now, with the update becoming available in more and more regions in the coming days. Carrier-branded device owners will have to wait a while longer till the carriers get their act together. You will also need to connect to a PC or Mac to update, with instructions to update available here.
Have you got the update on your Xperia sola/go/U yet? Do let us know in the comments!