After launching the 6GB RAM variant of Samsung Galaxy S8+ in Korea and Hong Kong, Samsung has decided to launch the new upgraded variant in India as well. So, yes, the second variant of Galaxy S8+ that has 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage will be available for preorder in India, from tomorrow.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ were launched in March this year at an event held in the New York. Initially, only two variants of the device were launched – S8 with 5.8-inches display whereas the S8+ with 6.2-inches. Both the devices were powered by 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory.
However, thanks to the tough competition from the Chinese smartphone manufacturers, which mostly come with 6GB RAM, Samsung later unveiled a new variant of the Samsung Galaxy S8+ with 6GB RAM and 128GB. This was done because 4GB RAM on a high-end flagship device sounds quite old-fashioned, considering all the Chinese mid-range devices now boast of 6GB RAM. However, please keep in mind, more RAM doesn’t mean better performance.
That said, the device will be available on the official Samsung site, in addition to the Indian e-com giant, Flipkart from June 2 i.e. tomorrow. The handset which has been priced at 74,990 ($1,162) will be released on June 9. It is important to mention here that the device is available only in the Midnight Black color.
Here is a detailed overview of the specs of Galaxy S8+ 6GB variant in India
Galaxy S8+ specs
- Dimension: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 173g
- Display: 6.2-inch Super AMOLED Quad HD+ (2960 x 1440), 18.5:9, 529ppi
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Exynos 8895 SoC,
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 128GB (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 256GB (Hybrid slot)
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Rear Camera: Dual Pixel 12MP (f/1.7), Smart OIS
- Front Camera: 8MP AF (f/1.7)
- Battery: 3,500mAh
- Charging: Wired, wireless, USB Type-C
- Biometric Authentication: Fingerprint, Iris, Face
- Samsung DeX
- IP68 certified