Japanese carrier KDDI has been on an announcement spree today. After announcing the Pantech Vega PTL21 earlier today, KDDI has announced the upcoming availability of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Progre, which is expected to be released on November 2nd.
The Galaxy S3 Progre seems to be yet another carrier-based variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE, with most features and specs identical to the original, except that the Progre will pack a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, like the US version, as against the quad-core found in the global version of the device and a few subtle differences in the overall design.
Key official Specs include:
- 4.8″ HD Super AMOLED display (720 x 1280)
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB internal storage / expandable memory slot with microSDXC support upto 64GB
- 8 MP Rear Camera / 2.1 MP front-facing camera
- Available in two colours – Omega Blue and Marble White
Pricing is expected to be around the 30000 yen mark, although it could actually be lower post applying carrier subsidization.