Xiaomi launched its first phone under the Poco sub-brand, the Poco F1 also known as Pocophone F1, in August this year. However, only after its resounding success in the Asian market was it recently made available in the US too, even though that isn’t directly from Xiaomi, such is the demand for the phone.
Known to be value for money even amongst it mid-range competitors, Xiaomi now looks set to roll out the MIUI 10 update, giving more reasons to people to buy this phone.
This 6.18″ beastly phone ships with a Full HD+ display, 6/8GB RAM, 64/128/256GB storage, Snapdragon 845 processor, dual (12MP+5MP) camera sensors at the rear, 20MP front-facing camera, 4000mAh battery, and MIUI 9.6 atop Android Oreo 8.1 out-of-the-box.
Just last month we saw Xiaomi release the MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM for the Poco F1, which also received a stable MIUI 9 ROM version 9.6.25 midway through the October.
However, it is worth noting that the said MIUI 10 update was not based on Android 9 Pie but on Android 8.1 Oreo, which was a bit disappointing considering another Xiaomi phone, the Mi Mix 2S, has already received the MIUI 10 update atop Android 9 Pie.
But not to leave its customers disappointed, Xiaomi was working in the Android Pie based MIUI 10 update for the Poco F1. And today, the said build just leaked out on the web.
We now have Android Pie based MIUI 10 Global Beta build for the Poco F1 as represented in the image above. However, it must be noted that it’s a leaked beta build which hasn’t been announced to the public as of now.
The leaked MIUI 10 beta for Poco F1 with Android 9 Pie at the core sports version MIUI 10 8.10.30. It also comes with the October security patch. Since this is a recovery ROM, it can be installed easily using the System update menu under the Settings.
How to install Android 9 Pie MIUI 10 ROM on Poco F1
- Download the Android Pie MIUI 10 ROM from here.
- Transfer it to the downloaded_rom folder on your Xiaomi device. (Create a folder by this name if you don’t have one already.)
- Backup important data and files (everything will be deleted).
- Go to Settings > About phone > System update > tap the 3-dot button in the top right > Choose update package > select the MIUI 10 update file.
- That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins.