The OnePlus 1 was already a great device, and the next generation OnePlus 2 ended up being a finely tuned version of its predecessor. With 4GB of RAM, and the notorious Snapdragon 810 the OnePlus 2 entered out worlds with a bang.
Unlike its fellow counterparts which ran on the Snapdragon 810 the OnePlus 2 did not have overheating issues The thing about OnePlus is that they don’t ever compromise on performance with an overemphasis on looks. That being said, OnePlus devices are mostly based off of custom ROMs and now with Lineage OS 14.1 you can have a go at Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Also Read: OnePlus Nougat Update: All you need to know
Since this is an official release of Lineage OS, the ROM can be expected to be used as a daily driver, but it’s preferably safer to flash the Nightly builds. If you’re the daring type and are dying to find out what’s new with Lineage then by all means go ahead with the experimental builds.
OnePlus 2 Lineage OS
Official build: Available, check the download link below:
- Lineage 14.1: Download link
Gapps: You need this to get Google Play Store app, Play Services App, and other Google apps.
- Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps: Download link
- Root add-on package: Download Link
Note: You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to be able to install Lineage OS. Also, you will need to download and flash root add-on package separately as Lineage OS only provides root via ADB.
How to Install Lineage OS on OnePlus 2
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps package zip file that you downloaded above to your OnePlus 2.
- Boot your OnePlus 2 into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your OnePlus 2 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly, just the way flashed the ROM file.
- If you want root for apps, download and flash the root add-on zip file as well.
- Once you’re done flashing all required files, reboot your OnePlus 2.
That’s all there is to it. Lineage OS is now installed on your OnePlus 2.