Here’s something for Motorola Atrix HD users to brighten up your day. XDA member djrbliss has released a root exploit called Motofail2Go, which will provide root access for the Atrix HD. The best thing is that Motofail2Go will work even with a locked bootloader. Earlier today, we also published a guide on How to root the Motorola Razr i, and now it’s the Atrix HD.
Users have reported that this exploit also works with the Bell Atrix HD, and ideally, it should also work with sim-free versions as well as other carrier variants of the device. The developer, djrbliss has also mentioned. that in addition to the Atrix HD, the exploit should also work with the Razr M, Photon Q, Razr i as well as the upcoming Razr HD, although there may be some tinkering required with the binary files. For now, it is advisable to only try this out on the sim-free Atrix HD and the Bell version.
The process, by itself is quite simple; just follow the guide below, and the on-screen instructions on your computer screen carefully, and you should have a rooted Atrix HD in no time.
This exploit has been tested and reported working, only with the Motorola Atrix HD and the Bell Atrix HD. It has not been tested yet on other devices, including the ones mentioned above.
The methods and procedures discussed in this guide are considered risky and you should not attempt it if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Root the Motorola Atrix HD
- While rooting should not wipe any data, it is always advisable to back up all your important data, in case something goes wrong. This Android backup guide should help you out.
- It is assumed that you already have the latest Motorola ADB drivers installed on your computer.
- Download the exploit file from the source page, and extract the zip file to your desktop. You should now have a folder on your desktop named Motofail2go.
- Make sure Debugging mode is enabled on your phone, and connect it to your PC via USB cable.
- On your PC, navigate to the Motofail2go folder on the desktop, and double-click on the run.bat file to execute the exploit. This will open up a command prompt window automatically, and the rooting process will commence.
- Now pay close attention to the instructions that you will see in the command prompt window, and follow them carefully. At some point during the process, you would be required to press a button combination on the handset. So make sure that you are alert to the on-screen instructions .
- The script will do its stuff, and root your Atrix HD. In case you come across any errors such as run-as: Package ‘com.motorola.bug2go’ is unknown, Relax- All you need to do is Wipe your Data and Cache partitions in recovery mode, and repeat Steps 5 and 6.