It is typical of beta software to be marred with annoying bugs and this is exactly what MIUI 10 beta has been for the better part of its existence. However, the incoming update to version 8.8.23 promises to heal most of these bugs ahead of the software’s stable release.
At its official launch, Xiaomi mentioned that the stable version of MIUI 10 should be expected beginning September, which is only a week away. The past three beta updates have been full of issues, with even one of them ending up being suspended. While the previous update to version 8.8.16 was meant to fix most of the issues in older versions, including Dual Apps and notification issues, it didn’t iron out some of the most annoying ones. Luckily, the changelog we have for MIUI 10 8.8.23 shows that it’s the update to alleviate your pain.
One major issue in beta 8.8.16 has been to do with Dual Apps, where the second app would occasionally crash or never launch. There has also been a case of notifications showing up as blanks or two notifications showing even when there’s only one unread message in WhatsApp or Telegram. Some other users have also reported broken notifications in Apple Music while others say videos haven’t been playing in full-screen mode. Well, if any of these affects you, watch out for the update to version 8.8.23.
But that’s not all.
Related: How to install MIUI 10 update
MIUI 10 global ROM 8.8.23 changelog
Like previous MIUI 10 beta updates, version 8.8.23 focuses on bug fixes and optimizations. As per the changelog, you are getting fixes for:
- Wrong status of screen recorder toggle
- Texts translation error in Quick ball.
- Other countries’ cities display the wrong time zone in the Clock app.
- Settings FC when you click “Assist and Voice input” option in the Settings menu of the Mi MIX 2S, whose MIUI 10 8.8.23 update is based on Android Pie
- Overlapping text on notifications in Telegram.
- Battery indicator shows charging situation even after unplugging the charger.
- No push in floating notifications when using third-party apps on Xiaomi Mi 8
- Full-screen option is not available in Mi Video player
It’s worth noting that the MIUI 10 8.8.23 update will start rolling out over the air tomorrow, August 23, while the download links for manual installation will be published the following day. As usual, we’ll update our respective device pages with the links once Xiaomi publishes them.
Update: Download links are now available on our respective device update pages. You can also grab the link via the MIUI forums link below.