What to know
- Microsoft 365 Chat is an AI assistant that is designed to integrate into Teams and other apps and help you with your work.
- Microsoft 365 Chat can be enabled from within Teams > Apps > Search for Copilot (Preview) > Add.
- Once added, get started by finding Copilot from within ‘Chats’.
- Microsoft 365 Chat will be available with Copilot from the 1st of November. In the future, it will be accessible wherever you see the Copilot logo.
A new AI chat companion is coming to Microsoft 365. Aptly called Microsoft 365 Chat, the AI assistant will soon help you with your work by searching through your stack of files and emails, drafting messages, and even catching you up with what’s important for the day. With the power of AI on your side, Microsoft 365 Chat will ensure you give most of your time to things that demand your attention and leave the rest to the Chat.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Microsoft 365 Chat and how (and when) you can get it.
Microsoft 365 Chat: What is it?
Microsoft 365 Chat is an AI assistant that is designed to integrate into Teams and other apps and help you with your work. Earlier called Business Chat, Microsoft 365 Chat can do more than just answer your queries.
With it, you can start your day by asking Chat to get you up to speed, get it to sift through your emails, files, and conversations, create drafts with it to send to your colleagues, ask work-related questions, and link up important bits of information with the context.
It is designed to be flexible enough to understand what you do, what you need on a daily basis to stay on top of your work, and what is best for your organization. Chat will stay integrated with the apps that you need for your business so you can remain focused on your work and can get assistance from Chat regardless of the app you’re working on.
How to get Microsoft 365 Chat
Microsoft 365 will soon become available to users on Microsoft365.com as well as on the Teams app. Although Microsoft 365 Chat is currently only available for a select few preview customers, in the near future, it will be accessible wherever you see the Copilot logo (Nov 1, 2023, onwards). To get Microsoft 365 Chat on Teams, follow the steps below:
- Click on Apps on the left sidebar.
- Now search for Copilot in the search bar.
- Once you find Copilot, click on Add to get it to your Team Chat list.
- Next, click on Chat in the left side pane.
- Click on the Copilot chat and get started with it.
Microsoft Copilot will be available for purchase from the 1st of November for Enterprise users.
Let’s take a look at a few commonly asked questions that one might have about Microsoft 365 Chat.
How do I enable Microsoft 365 Chat?
Microsoft 365 Chat can be enabled from ‘Apps’ within the Teams app. Search for and ‘Add’ Copilot in the ‘Chats’ section of Teams. Alternatively, start using it on Microsoft365.com.
When will Microsoft 365 Chat be available?
Microsoft 365 Chat will become generally available for users from November 1, 2023.
With a host of new AI-powered features slated to release in the coming days and weeks, it’s really the best of times for Microsoft users. With the Microsoft 365 Chat assistant ready to help users with their jobs, it’s only a matter of time before organizations around the globe start integrating it into their daily work as well.
We hope this guide helped you understand what Microsoft 365 Chat can do for you and how to enable it once it’s available. Until next time!
- How To Transcribe In Microsoft Word Office 365
- How to Cancel Microsoft 365 Trial 
- How to Reinstall Microsoft 365 in 3 Steps 
- Microsoft 365 Chat vs Google Bard Extensions: What to know