It’s finally here. MIUI 4 based on Ice Cream Sandwich for the Evo 3D CDMA. Released by XDA member, JoelZ9614, this is a preview ROM, and is not completely ready yet, with some bugs here and there. But the dev is working hard on it, and we should see a stable update coming out soon enough.
For those who haven’t heard about MIUI ROM earlier, well, this is one of the most awesome looking custom ROMs you’ll ever see. It includes a variety of features, massive themes base and is highly customizable. Read on to see how you can get MIUI 4 running on your Evo 3D.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!!!
This firmware and the guide below is compatible only and only with HTC EVO 3D CDMA. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
Developer: JoelZ9614 (XDA)
- Miui UI
- Android 4.0.3
- Overscroll Glow
- Advanced Power Menu
- Much Much More
- 4G Wimax
- Sdcard Mount To PC
- Anything Camera Related
- You Tell Me
- Rooted EVO 3D CDMA with Custom Recovery installed. You can use this guide
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install MIUI 4 on EVO 3D CDMA
- Download the ICS4BIONIC ROM file from the official development page
Filename: MIUI-V4.zip | Size: 118 MB
- Transfer the zip file downloaded in step 1 to the root of your external sdcard on the phone.
- Power off the phone and reboot to recovery mode
- Once in recovery, perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, in CWM, select Backup and Restore → On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Go to Mounts and Storage, and Select Format System. On the next screen Yes-Format
- Next select Format Data. On the next screen select Yes-Format Data
- Now select Format Cache. On the next screen select Yes-Format cache
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>Confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “Choose zip from sdcard” on the next screen.
- Now navigate to the file named MIUI-V4.zip that you transferred to phone in step 2 and select it using the power button. Confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install MIUI-V4.zip”on the next screen. The ROM will now start installing
- Once the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to enjoy MIUI 4 Ice Cream Sandwich Preview on your Evo 3D CDMA.
That’s it. You should now be running MIUI 4 on your Evo 3D CDMA. Show it off to your friends and let us know your thoughts in comments below