Both Samsung’s TouchWiz and HTC’s Sense home launchers are perhaps the most loved as well as hated OEM launchers on Android, with fans of both often deriding the other. But there’s no ignoring the fact that the TouchWiz launcher found on the Galaxy S3 and the Sense home launcher found on the HTC One X are much better than previous iterations. And if you own an HTC One X and would like to use the TouchWiz launcher found on the Galaxy S3, you can do so now thanks to XDA Forum Member Ppain who has ported it over to the One X.
The TouchWiz home launcher can be installed on any Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ROM via recovery (it doesn’t work on Jelly Bean), and the guide below will walk you through the steps required to install TouchWiz launcher on your HTC One X, so continue reading.
How to Install TouchWiz 5 Launcher on HTC One X
- Make sure you are running on an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM, as this will not work on Jelly Bean Android 4.1.
- Also make sure you have ClockworkMod recovery installed. If not, use this guide to install it.
- Download the TouchWiz launcher from the source page.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the SD card (don’t extract the file).
- Switch off the phone. Boot into the bootloader/HBOOT mode first by holding the Volume Down button while powering on the phone, then navigate to the RECOVERY option and select it using the power button to boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the TouchWiz zip file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes on the next screen.
- After ROM installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- Then, when given the option, select the TouchWiz home launcher as default to use it.
Galaxy S3’s TouchWiz 5 home launcher is now installed and running on your HTC One X. Do let us know how it works!