Another addition to it’s One series, HTC announced the One S today at MWC Barcelona. While it looks like a smaller version of the power-packed HTC One X, nd comes with relatively more modest specs, it holds it’s own as far as capabilities and features are concerned. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon dual-core chipset (probably the same one that might be used in the AT&T version of the One X), 1 GB RAM, and a brilliant 4.3″ Super AMOLED display.
It also features Beats audio, and the same camera hardware, 8 MP Main & 1.3 MP FFC as it’s big brother – the One X. And of course, it will ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 4.0. Like the One X, the One S will also feature the special Image chip which allows for taking better photos. While it will be launched globally, the One S is expected to also hit the US Markets via T-Mobile soon.
HTC One S Features
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4.0
- 4.3″ SuperAMOLED display – 540 x 960
- Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon dual-core chip/ 1.5 GHz Krait
- Beats Audio
- 1 GB RAM
- Adreno 225 GPU
- Dual Camera -8 MP Main with AutoFocus and LEDFlash ; 1.3 MP FFC; 1080p video recording
- 16 GB internal storage
- WiFi, HSDPA, DLNA,
- 7.8 mm thickness (impressive again, for such a feature packed phone)
- 1650 mAh battery (again, we wonder why HTC does not include higher capacity batteries with a power device)
HTC sure seems to be hitting the sweet spot with it’s One series. We’ll just have to wait and watch, and let the sales numbers do the talking.