It has been 8 months now since Google released Android 5.0 Lollipop, and yet we’ve a number of Android devices out there which despite being capable of running Lollipop haven’t yet received the update. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is one of those devices.
But thanks to sktjdgns1189 over at XDA, who took the matter into his own hands and put his valuable time to come up with a port of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM from the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE for the Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE.
The ROM is still a Work In Progress, but developer is constantly updating the ROM for fixes. And the last update for the ROM probably has all the issues worked out.
The ROM is packaged into .tar file, flashable via Odin. You can download it from the link below:Download Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM Download Odin 3.09
- Open Odin 3.09 on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy Note 10.1 into Download mode:
- Switch off your tablet.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your Note 10.1 is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the phone and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now click on the PDA tab on Odin window and select the P605_L_Besonderes.tar ROM file you downloaded above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the screen. You’re only required to connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 and select the ROM file in PDA tab.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your tablet will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your Galaxy Note 10.1 and your device will be running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.