Not really happy with Nougat update on your Galaxy S6? Do you feel like going back to Marshmallow which you were already familiar with? Or maybe there are too many bugs for your taste and you just want to go back to sanity. Or maybe the Nougat firmware isn’t stable enough and is interfering with your work.
Whatever your reasons are, we’ve got your back. Downgrading your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge Nougat update back to Marshmallow is pretty much the same as flashing firmware through Odin. Once you’ve downgraded you can also install the Nougat update any time you want.
Read: Galaxy S6 7.0 Update | Galaxy S6 Edge 7.0 Update
Downgrade Galaxy S6 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow from Android 7.0 Nougat
Grab the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Marshmallow firmware from the download link below to manually install the update on your device using Odin software on your PC.
- Galaxy S6 Marshmallow firmware (G920FXXS4DPI4, only for SM-G920F model, not for SM-G920I)
- Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow firmware (G925FXXS3DPF1, only for SM-G925F model, not for SM-G925I)
How to Install Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Marshmallow firmware
- Download Odin 3.12.3 .zip file and run/open Odin3 v3.12.3.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Download the Marshmallow firmware for your device from the downloads section above, and unzip the .zip file to get the .TAR.MD5 file.
- Enable OEM unlock on your phone:
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap Build number seven times to enable Developer options.
- Go back to main Settings page, scroll to bottom and select Developer options from there.
- Under Developer options, look for Enable OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
- Boot your device into Download mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your device is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the device and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the firmware file that we got in step 2 above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the Odin screen. You’re only required to connect your device and select the firmware file as instructed above.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your device.
└ It might take some time for the first boot after flashing a stock firmware.
That’s it. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware should be installed on your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. Enjoy!
Dear friend, I made just the way you told , did not work, there is an error: SW check fail… I know it’s almost impossible but I tried thinking you had the solution, must check other way, because this, did not work att all.
I am unable to enable oem unlock on my galaxy s6 edge, what should I do?
If you bought your phone outside US it means it might be already unlocked, so that`s why you can`t find that option.
Try to boot your S6 in Download Mode, if it works you are good to go
Odin and the s6 nougat phone recogonized each other via PC USB
phonesecure check fail – message on the phone
Odin on the PC
Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
Get PIT for mapping..
Firmware update start..
Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
No reply from this asshole blogger!!!!!!!
S6 have no OEM unlock option, it is from S7 feature..
This process bricked my phone, the install from Odin failed part way through. I ended up having to factory reset using Samsung Smart Watch program.
Be very weary of this guide.
Thanks for the instructions but I can’t do it. I need more detailed explanation of these steps because they make no sense for the average person:
1. Download Odin 3.12.3 .zip file and run/open Odin3 v3.12.3.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
2. Download the Marshmallow firmware for your device from the downloads section above, and unzip the .zip file to get the .TAR.MD5 file.
Again, very precise steps are needed. Thank you.
Hey, download a free software called 7-zip. Google for it.
Once you have installed the 7-zip, you shall be able to see an extract option in the context menu when you right click on the zip file.
Now, after you have downloaded the zip file of Odin, extract it using 7-zip. you will get required file like Odin (exe), which you can double click to run.
Similarly, for firmware zip file, extract it using 7-zip to get .TAR.MD5 file, which you have to use in appropriate tab in Odin.
Hi Teffy, Not everything works, I do not have OEM Unlock option. I followed your instructions. I get the ”sw rev check device 5 binary 4” message. What am I supposed to do? What am I doing wrong?
Hi Teffy, If I have the version SM-G925I where can I download the firmware ??
I want lollipop how can i do? it’s the same steps?
Comments are closed.