It hasn’t even been 24 hours of Moto G 2015’s official announcement, and the device is already shipping to those who didn’t flinch a second before placing an order as soon as the phone launched on Flipkart in India.
We guess it won’t take more than a week for the Moto G 2015 to get TWRP recovery for itself. The device is easily bootloader unlockable, so development will be rapid.
In any case, if you’ve wondered how to boot Moto G 2015 into Recovery Mode, below are quick instructions to do so.
Moto G 2015 Recovery Mode
- Power off your phone.
- Hold “Volume Down + Power” for at-least 3 seconds and then release the buttons. You’ll boot into bootloader mode.
- Now Use Volume down key to highlight “Recovery” on the bootloader menu, and then press Volume Up key to select and boot into recovery mode.
- If you’ve stock recovery installed, you might see an Android with “no command” written on-screen. Press and hold “Power button” and then hit the “Volume Up” key to see the stock Android 3e recovery.
Alternate method: ADB
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. For help, use this link .
Enable USB debugging:
- Go to your phone’s settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” Seven/Ten times. This will enable Developer options..
- Now go to Settings » Developer options » and look for “USB debugging” option, tick the checkbox next to it.
- Connect your phone to PC and open a command window on the PC.
- Now boot Moto G 2015 into Recovery mode by issuing the following command:
adb reboot recovery
└ Check your phone’s screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK/Yes.
That’s it. Enjoy!