Motorola announced the 3rd Gen. Moto G on 28th July in India. The device is a budget smartphone running the latest of Android, Lollipop 5.1.1. But what interests us the most is its custom development capability.
Like most of the recent Motorola devices, the Moto G 2015 is also bootloader unlockable, making the Bootloader / Fastboot mode more usable on the device for the folks who intend to unlock bootloader, install custom recovery and root the device.
Below are quick instructions to boot Moto G 2015 into Bootloader mode:
Moto G 2015 Bootloader / Fastboot Mode
- Power off your phone.
- Hold “Volume Down + Power” for at-least 3 seconds and then release the buttons. You’ll boot into bootloader mode.
Alternate method: ADB
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. For help, use this link [icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””].
- Enable USB debugging:
- Go to your phone’s settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” Seven/Ten times. This will enable Developer options..
- Now go to Settings » Developer options » and look for “USB debugging” option, tick the checkbox next to it.
- Connect your Moto G 2015 to PC and open a command window on the PC.
- Now boot Moto G 2015 into Fastboot mode by issuing the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
└ Check your phone’s screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK/Yes.
That’s it. Enjoy!