The LG G3 was one of the first flagships to include a QHD display into a smartphone. LG also showed off the G3 with its famous laser auto-focus system. The flagship obviously carried top of he line hardware with the Snapdragon 801 powering the device. The device had a long run with LG managing to push out updates till Marshmallow.
That being said, you must be thinking why bother with a custom ROM in the first place. With Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 for the LG G3, you’ll be able to customize the device and get even more performance if you’re trying to squeeze every drop of power from the device.
Read: LG G3 Update
Since this is an official release of Lineage OS, the ROM can be expected to be used as a daily driver, but it’s preferably safer to flash the Nightly builds. If you’re the daring type and are dying to find out what’s new with Lineage then by all means go ahead with the experimental builds.
LG G3 Lineage OS
- Official build: Available, check the download link below:
Gapps: You need this to get Google Play Store app, Play Services App, and other Google apps.
- Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps: Download link
- Root addon package: Download Link
Note: You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to be able to install Lineage OS. Also, you will need to download and flash root addon package separately as Lineage OS only provides root via ADB.
How to Install Lineage OS on LG G3
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps package zip file that you downloaded above to your G3.
- Boot your G3 into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your G3 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly, just the way flashed the ROM file.
- If you want root for apps, download and flash the root addon zip file as well.
- Once you’re done flashing all required files, reboot your G3.
That’s all there is to it. Lineage OS is now installed on your LG G3.