This page gets you firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet, that was released by Samsung back in year 2013. If you are looking for a firmware for the Galaxy Note 8 smartphone, a phablet if you want, then click the link below to reach our update page for Galaxy Note 8 where we have the firmwares for all models, including those ar USA carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, etc.).
→ Galaxy Note 8 firmware and update news
Note 8 8.0 inch 3G edition
Model no. GT-N5100
Note 8 8.0 inch WiFi edition
Model no. GT-N5110
Note 8 8.0 inch LTE edition
Model no. GT-N5105
Model no. GT-N5120
How to Download and Install Firmware
Be sure to check your Galaxy Note 8’s model no. first. You can do so using an app called Droid Info, or simply check it on its packaging box, or under Settings > About.
Then download the firmware according to that model no. only to ensure compatibility. We have provided the downloads as per model no. so that it’s easy for you to identify the firmware for your device.
Next, install the firmware on your Galaxy Note 8 by following the guide linked right below.
How to Install Samsung firmware
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Galaxy Note 8 if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Galaxy Note 8 if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Galaxy Note 8 — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Galaxy Note 8 to factory state.
- Upgrade your Galaxy Note 8 to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Galaxy Note 8 to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Galaxy Note 8.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Galaxy Note 8.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings, About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.