The recently released Motorola Atrix 2 just got a custom recovery out. Like on other Motorola android devices, this one is also a bootstrap recovery, made using components of Droid Bionic’s bootstrap recovery and world-famous very original ClockWorkMod recovery.
You need a custom recovery to flash/install custom roms, theme, backup your current firmware/rom, restore backups, and lot more cool things. And whether you are a seasoned flasher or not, you would simply love this stuff.Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won�t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
[Guide] Installing Custom Recovery on Atrix 2
- Make sure your phone is rooted.
- Download the apk file of recovery’s app from the source here.
- Transfer the file to phone, if you downloaded it on PC.
- On phone, go to Settings » Applications » Select the ‘Unknown sources’ checkbox. Press OK when asked. Press Home key and get to home screen. This allows you install non-market apps. On Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and above, go to Settings » Security to find this option.
- Using a file manager, go to the folder where you transferred it (or Download folder, if downloaded on phone), and tap on it. Installation will begin, just continue and install the app.
- A “Atrix 2 Bootstrapper” app will appear in your phone’s app drawer. Open the app, then press the “Bootstrap Recovery” button to install the recovery.
- When prompted, press the Allow/Grant button to grant the app root access, after which the phone will reboot into recovery.
- Now, whenever you need to boot into recovery, open the “Atrix 2 Bootstrapper” app and press the Reboot recovery button.
Share your thoughts in comments below. Enjoy!