Asus has released Android 7.0 Nougat update for its Zenpad 3S 10 tablet. The update, which has the version number V14.0210.1706.20 arrives as an OTA update.
Nougat update will bring the tablet to life with a revamped user interface, new settings menu, quick reply from notification shade and a whole lot more.
The official changelog includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid” , “System update” from all apps menu.
- Remove PC Suite (CD-ROM)
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” from Settings > ASUS customized settings > Touch key setting. Add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” in Touch key setting.
- Quick Settings supports multiple pages, a user can swipe left to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. A user can enter edit screen by tapping the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings are enabled or disabled.
- Default Tap and hold Recent apps key to activate Multi-window
- Add “Game Genie”
- ZenUI Keyboard added New Unicode code 9.0 emoji and skin tone.
- The preloaded Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, and Phase Beam live wallpapers are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after the system update.
- Add bundled notifications switch. (Settings > Notification > Configure notifications.) When multiple notifications for a single app are received, they can be bundled together into a single group. This group can be expanded to see the individual messages.
- For a user who uses Easy mode, a Launcher app menu will show on the screen after upgrading from Android M to Android N. Please select your default launcher again.
- Lock screen wallpaper slideshow
- Change wallpaper every time you wake up your device. And users can go to “Settings” -> “Lock screen” -> “Wallpaper Slideshow settings” for setting.
It is advisable to connect to a good Wi-Fi network before downloading the update. Further, keep your handset charged as high as 50 percent.
If you haven’t received the update yet, you can check for it manually via the device settings. Go to Settings – About – Software updates.