Whatsapp announced its Web version earlier this year in the month of January. This was the first step of the world’s most used messaging service to reach to desktop computers. However, it doesn’t installs on your desktop systems.
Whatsapp Web, as the name suggests, leaves on the web and runs on your desktop as a Web app. Setting it up is simple too. You don’t have to use any login credentials. When you open web.whatsapp.com on your desktop, you’re greeted with a QR code that you have to scan with your smartphone on which you already have Whatsapp running.
Whatsapp web is only a companion service to your phone’s app version. If you don’t have Whatsapp on your phone then you cannot use Whatsapp Web on your PC.
So first make sure you’ve Whatsapp installed on your Phone to be able to scan the QR Code Whatsapp Web.
Why the Whatsapp Web QR Code doesn’t work?
People often report how Whatsapp Web QR code doesn’t scan for them, well most of the the these users are making a really silly mistake — they don’t even install Whatsapp app on their phones first. People try to scan the QR code with QR code scanner app which doesn’t work. Below is the correct way to get Whatsapp Web working and running on your PC.
- Make sure you’ve installed WhatsApp Web supported app version on your phone and you’re already using it.
- Open web.whatsapp.com on Chrome on your PC.
- Open the Whatsapp app on your phone, go to options and select “WhatsApp Web”.
- Now you’ll get a QR Code scanner within the Whatsapp app. Point your phone towards the QR code the PC screen.
- Once scanned, Whatsapp Web will be initiated.