Verizon Galaxy S4 is receiving an OTA update with a fix for the Stagefright vulnerability and a lot of other bug fixes and performance improvements.
The OTA update is coming with build number I545VRUGOF1. And given the list of bug fixes and performance improvements we guess it’ll be a huge OTA in terms of size.
Below is the full official changelog for the update:
- Fixed an issue related to E-mail notifications not showing up in Status Bar
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the Alarm Clock does not start up
- Fixed an issue where in some rare cases when attempting to remove or add icons/widgets on any of the home screens the user is shown the Touch Wiz force close notification
- Fixed an issue related to Volume not staying to previously set value after the last software upgrade
- Fixed an issue where the device does not read out the body of the text message after software update
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the user is getting white squares on the lock screen instead of numbers
- Software change to prevent lockout of the device after the last software upgrade (only affects devices that have been Encrypted)
- Improvements to the Samsung Reactivation lock (lost or stolen device security)
- Android security patches
The new Verizon S4 OTA update is already on the roll as we speak. If you haven’t received the update notification yet, go to your phone’s Settings > About phone > Software updates and manually check for the update.
However, if your S4 is rooted, then installing I545VRUGOF1 OTA update will break the root access on your device. If you can wait for a few days/weeks, we would recommend you to update your Verizon S4 to this OF1 build by means of a pre-rooted custom ROM only.
via The Android Soul