If you are looking foreword to update your sprint Galaxy Tab S 10.5 to Android 5.0 then we have done all the work for you which will get you Android 5.0 right away, build no. bring T807PVPU1BOE3.
As some of you might not be able to get OTA Update then here you can follow the guide carefully so that your Tab will get updated to Android 5.0. And in case you have rooted your tablet, or have custom recovery like TWRP/CWM installed, or custom ROM, all of that will be removed as your Tab S will be back to Samsung’s stock firmware.
How to Update Sprint Galaxy Tab S 10.5 to Android 5.0 Lollipop
- OE3 firmware — Direct Link File: T807PVPU1BOE3_T807PSPT1BOE3_SPR.zip (1.73 GB)
- Odin PC software | File: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (1.6 MB)
- SPRINT GALAXY Tab S 10.5, model no. SM-T807P
- Don’t try this on any other Galaxy Tab S tablet than the model no. SM- T807P
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Disclaimer: Installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial process and thus you need to be cautious of it. In any case, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files. Sometimes, Odin installation may delete everything on your device!
Step 1. Download the Odin software and firmware file from above.
Step 2. Install Sprint Galaxy Tab S 10.5 driver (use method 1 there!) first of all. Double click the .exe file of drivers to begin installation. (Not required if you have already done this.)
Step 3. Extract the firmware file (T807PVPU1BOE3_T807PSPT1BOE3_SPR.zip) now. You can use a free software like 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip, then right click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’. You should get the a file in .tar.md5 format now. We will be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on your device (in step 10 below)
Step 4. Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
Step 5. Disconnect your tablet from PC if it is connected.
Step 6. Boot Tab S into download mode:
- Power off your Tab S. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
Step 7. Double click on extracted file of Odin, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe, to open the Odin window as shown below. Be careful with Odin, and do just as said to prevent problems.
Step 8. Connect your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 now using USB cable. Odin should recognize your device. It’s a must. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- You cannot proceed until you get the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin has recognized your device.
- If you don’t get Added!! message, you need to install/re-install drivers again, and use the original cable that came with device. Mostly, drivers are the problem (look at step 2 above).
- You can try different USB ports on your PC too.
Step 9. Load the firmware file into Odin.Click the AP button on Odin and the select the .tar.md5 file from Step 3 above.
- Info: When you load files, Odin checks the md5 of firmware file, which takes time. So, simply wait until that’s done and the firmware file is loaded. Don’t worry if Odin gets unresponsive for a while, it’s normal. Binary size will also show up in Odin.
Step 10. Make sure Re-partition check box is NOT selected, under the Options tab. Don’t use PIT tab either. Go back to Log tab btw, it will show the progress when you hit start button in next step.
Step 11. Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5. Wait till installation is finished, after which your tablet will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as shown below upon successful installation from Odin.
- If Odin gets stuck at set up connection,then you need to do steps 6 to 11 again. For this, close Odin, disconnect your Sprint Galaxy Tab S 10.5 then start from step 6 again.
- Or, if you get FAIL in the top left box, you need to try flashing again, as stated just above.
Step 12. First start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. Check the Settings > About phone to confirm new firmware.
That’s it. Enjoy your Sprint Galaxy Tab S 10.5 on the latest OE3 firmware!