The official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update has been rolling out to the ASUS Transformer Prime since last week, and now ASUS has made the update’s files available for download, so that those who haven’t yet received the update can manually update to Jelly Bean by downloading these files.
The guide below will walk you through the steps to update to the Android 4.1 firmware manually. Keep in mind that your Transformer Prime must be running on the latest Android 4.0 firmware for this method to work.
Let’s take a look at how the Transformer Prime can be updated to the official Android 4.1 firmware.
This guide is applicable only for Asus Transformer Prime TF201. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Update to Official Jelly Bean Firmware on Transformer Prime
- Make sure you are on the latest official firmware on the tablet, having the software version V184.108.40.206, which can be checked in the Settings » About tablet menu.
- Check your device’s SKU through the following procedure.
- On the tablet, go into Settings » About tablet. Then, check the Build number.
- If the build number starts with “TW”, your SKU is TW. Similarly, if your build number starts with “US”, you must download the firmware for the US SKU. Similarly for WW, you need to download the WW firmware.
- Now that you have checked the SKU version of your tablet, download the corresponding stock firmware file from the links below:
- Now, extract the zip file downloaded in step 2 once to obtain another .zip file, which is the update file we need to use to update the tablet. Copy this .zip file to the root of sdcard of internal memory on the tablet. Keep in mind that you do not need to extract the newly obtained .zip file.
- Reboot your tablet after copying the .zip file to it. When it boots up, you will see a notification next to the clock on the tablet. Click on this notification, then follow on-screen instructions for updating the device.
- After the update is complete, your device will be running the official Jelly Bean Android 4.1 firmware.
The official Jelly Bean Android 4.1 firmware is now running on your ASUS Transformer Prime TF201. Do let us know how it works!