XperiaTized ROM, a new custom ROM for the Galaxy Ace based on Gingerbread 2.3.7, is themed to look like the Timescape UI from Sony Xperia phones for all the Xperia lovers. It’s got a lot of stuff taken from Xperia phones, like the Xperia S launcher, Xperia widgets, and more which gives you the Timescape look on your Galaxy Ace.
Check out the full list of features below:
- 43 Languages
- EXT4 support
- Sony Xperia Widgets
- Sony Xperia S Modded Launcher
- Xperia S Wallpapers
- Xperia Bootanimation
- Xperia lockscreen Mod
- Deodexed and zipaligned
- Amazing Battery life
- DT A2SD support
- Extremely fast and also very stable
- Just 80 MB of download
Here’s a list of Samsung apps that have been removed:
- FMRadio (Use Resco radio which is good and has more channels )
- Swype (Get the better beta version from http://beta.swype.com)
- Samsung Apps
- Social Hub (Many alternatives to this on the Market)
Read on to find out to flash XperiaTized ROM on to your Galaxy Ace.
This guide is applicable only for Samsung’s Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830). Check your phone’s version in Settings – About Phone. It has to be “GT-S5830” for this procedure to be compatible with your phone. If it’s not GT-S5830, please do not try this.
Read everything carefully and thoroughly. The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
- A rooted Galaxy Ace with Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM) installed.
- Installing/flashing this ROM will erase your apps and data. So, it’s a very important you back them up before proceeding further. To backup your apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc., this Android backup guide would help you. Restore APN settings if Internet isn’t working for you, after installing the rom. Your SD cards will not be erased, so don’t worry about those.
- Make sure your Galaxy Ace S5830 is sufficiently charged, at least 50% is recommended.
Step by Step Installtion Guide:
- Download the XperiaTized ROM file.
→ Download Link [Filename: Xperia Tized.zip | Size: 78 MB]
- Transfer the ROM’s zip file (do not extract it) that you downloaded above to your phone’s sdcard. Remember the location where you transfer the file.
- Power Off your Galaxy Ace. Wait for 5-6 seconds until you feel the vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Then, press and hold these 2 buttons: Home + Power. When the screen turns on and you see the Samsung logo, let go of POWER but keep holding HOME. After the Galaxy Ace logo shows up and disappears, you should enter recovery mode. You can let go of HOME key now.
- Using the Volume buttons to scroll up and down, and the Power button to select, select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the next screen. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete. (this will NOT ERASE your SD card, don’t worry). Also do “Wipe cache” and “Wipe Dalvik cache“.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”, then scroll to the file you transferred in step 2 above and select it. Then select “Yes — Install Xperia Tized.zip”.
- The ROM will start installing. After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
That’s it, the ROM is now installed on your phone and you can enjoy using XperiaTized ROM on your Galaxy Ace. For latest updates, you can follow the original development page of the XperiaTized ROM.
Share your thoughts and problems in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.