Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition GT-I9515 (jfvelte) also known by Model Number GT-I9505 or the Google Play Edition was Samsung’s 2014 flagship. Though the smartphone radiated an overall plastic feel it still felt pretty premium in the hand. Under the hood, the S4 features a 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, 2GB of RAM and the Snapdragon 600. The device ran on a 2600mAh battery.
Back in the day these were solid flagship level specs. But all of this hardware only got to run Android till Lollipop. The good news is that an unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 is out for the Galaxy S4 and it lets you have the latest iteration of Android.
Since this is an early build of the ROM, there may be a few glitches within the OS. But they should be ironed out over time with frequent future updates.
The official release should be out pretty soon once the Lineage team have fully completed the transition from CyanogenMod to Lineage OS.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Lineage OS
- Official build: Not yet available.
- Unofficial builds: Available, check the download links below:
- Lineage OS 14.1: Download link (GT-I9515)
- Gapps: You need this to get Google Play Store app, Play Services App, and other Google apps.
- Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps: Download link
Note: You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to be able to install Lineage OS.
How to Install Lineage OS on Galaxy S4
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps package zip file that you downloaded above to your Galaxy S4 .
- Boot your Galaxy S4 into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Galaxy S4 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly, just the way flashed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your Galaxy S4 .
That’s it. Lineage OS is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S4.