There’s been a lot of speculation about when Samsung would decide to take the wraps off the Galaxy S4. Latest rumors pointed towards an unveiling on March 14, and Samsung has now apparently confirmed the date to AllThingsD and Reuters. The venue will be New York, which according to Samsung’s head of mobile and IT JK Shin was chosen due to requests from US carriers.
As was the case in the days leading up to the announcement of the Galaxy S3 last year, details of the Galaxy S4 have been hard to come by. An image of the device was leaked recently, giving us a look at the general design and the boot screen, but otherwise there’s no saying what the device is going to look like.
There are also rumors that the device will forego Samsung’s beloved Super AMOLED display and Exynos Octa processor, settling for a Full HD SoLux display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor instead. Whether this is true or not will indeed be something many would like to find out as soon as possible, and thankfully we’ll not have to wait long now before we get all the official details.
What do you guys think? Is it too soon for Samsung to be unveiling the Galaxy S4, or are you already marking March 14 in your calendar as the day to look forward to?
Samsung Galaxy S4 Specifications [Rumored]
- 4.99″ Full HD SoLux/Super AMOLED display
- 1.9 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 / Exynos Octa octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16, 32 or 64 GB storage
- 13 megapixel rear camera, 1080p video recording
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera, 720p video
- 2,600 mAh battery, wireless charging
- Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, TouchWiz UI
- 140.1 x 71.8 x 7.7mm, 138g
- BlackWhite colour options