OnePlus just released their Android Pie OTA update as Open Beta 1 update that is also available for download already. However, being a beta update, the current Android 9 update might not be a cup of tea for many OnePlus 6 users, who may seek to downgrade their OnePlus 6 to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Well, OnePlus thought about you already, and have provided a rollback build tp Android Oreo, OxygenOS 5.1.11 (the latest update for OnePlus 6 at the moment).
How to downgrade OnePlus 6 from Android Pie beta to Oreo
Follow the guide below to downgrade your OnePlus 6 from Open Beta 1 (Android Pie) to OxygenOS 5.1.11 (Android Oreo).
- [Optional] As this will delete everything on your device (apps, data, contacts, settings, etc.), make sure you have taken appropriate backup of important data from the device.
- Download the OxygenOS 5.1.11 rollback file from here.
- Transfer the rollback file to your OnePlus 6. [Don’t put the file inside any folder or sub-folder. It needs to be on the root of your device’s storage.]
- Open the Settings app on your OnePlus 6.
- Scroll down and go to System updates, and then tap the icon in the top right, then select local upgrade.
- Tap on the rollback file you transferred above.
- Tap on Immediately upgrade > System upgrade to 100%.
- Tap on the Reboot system now to restart the device and go back to Android Oreo OxygenOS 5.1.11.