Official builds of Lineage OS 14.1 are now available for the OnePlus One. Lineage OS team has been pushing out official builds of the new OS for a handful of devices since morning and the latest to join the list of supported device is OnePlus One (bacon).
As of now, only the experimental and nightly builds of Lineage 14.1 are available for the OnePlus One. But since these is an official release, the ROM should be pretty good to run as a daily driver.
OnePlus One (bacon) Lineages OS
Note: You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to be able to install Lineage OS.
How to Install Lineage OS on OnePlus One
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps package zip file that you downloaded above to your OnePlus One.
- Boot your OnePlus One into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your OnePlus One in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly, just the way flashed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your OnePlus One .
That’s all there is to it. Lineage OS is now installed on your OnePlus One (bacon).